The Netherlands Red Cross helps to strengthen resilience of vulnerable people exposed to hazards and crisis situations and we respond to disasters and conflicts to save lives and alleviate suffering. In the Netherlands we do this with more than thirty thousand volunteers and internationally through technical assistance, supplies and financial aid. Together we act before, during and after natural and man-made disasters to meet the needs and to improve the lives of vulnerable people.
We do this without regards to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion. Our seven principles guide our humanitarian work: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
510 is the data initiative of the Netherlands Red Cross. Our vision is that smart use of data will help towards faster, higher quality and more (cost) effective humanitarian aid at a global level. The 510 initiative was established early 2016 and has grown since into a team of 100 core and project staff, students and volunteer data experts with diverse backgrounds. The team is developing data and digital solutions for humanitarian aid. Our main results are published on 510.global. The Planning system used in 510 is Forecast.
We have opened a vacancy for a:
Planner and Project Support
(The Hague, 24-32 hours p/w)
Purpose of the position
This position supports the 510 team with optimizing and executing the planning, business and financial control and project processes.
Position within the international department
Your line manager is the Strategic Lead of 510. You are the linking pin between 510 technical project coordinators and the other financial and administrative functions within the Netherlands Red Cross (financial controllers, project administration officers, planning and control and financial administration staff).
Impact of your work
Through your work, 510 is able to deliver timely, high quality and cost-effective products and services to Red Cross national societies and people in need while at the same time maintaining an efficient and transparent financial administration and being accountable to donors and partners.
Tasks and responsibilities
The tasks for this position are:
Together with 510 Technical Project Coordinators (TPC)
- Linking pin between TPC and financial support department in NLRC (Project Administration, Financial Control, Planning and Control, HR/Salary Administration)
Together with NLRC Project Administration (PA)
- when a new project is planned request new project numbers to PA
- Support external donor invoicing process
- Initiate monthly invoicing process with TPC and sends reminders
- Coordinates corrections with Unit Controller and Project Assistant
Together with NLRC Planning & Control
- Monthly monitoring if hours registration in the Planning system are the same as Exact bookings
- Eventually implement corrections
Together with NLRC Salary Administration
- Yearly alignment leave hours between Planning system and AFAS
Together with 510 Consultants
- Initiate the automated generation of hours overviews and approval process with consultants
- Troubleshoot the hours overviews if needed
In support of the team:
Onboard new staff and consultants in planning system
- Has a relevant degree at a University (WO) or University of Applied Sciences (HBO) with background in resource planning, financial administration, project administration, business management or equal
- Living in the Netherlands
Skills and experience
- At least 1 year of professional experience with above mentioned tasks
- Demonstrable interest in humanitarian aid.
- Strong interpersonal and advising skills, amongst which a clear talent for supporting colleagues and others in person or from a distance
- Excellent command of Excel
- Able to work with web based Information Management systems
- Excellent command of English and Dutch language
- Plan – able to create adequate planning
- Accurate – is very accurate
- Persuasive – able to persuade others
- Analyzing and judging – able to analyse data and draw conclusions
- Structure – able to create structure in projects
- Service Oriented – able to be proactive towards those you are supporting
- Listening skills – Being able to communicate clearly and concisely (written and verbally)
- Teaching – able to explain complex matters in simple terms to others
What we offer
A flexible and social working environment with room for initiative and personal development. Frequent travelling is part of this position. Salary is set at scale 9, dependent upon education and relevant professional experience (min. € 2.830,46 and max. € 3.546,57 gross based on fulltime position). The position is funded through a number of projects in 510. Extension of the position after one year is subject to availability of new projects.
Please send a letter of motivation and CV in English as soon as possible, but no later than January 17th 2022, due to the start of the recruitment procedure, with reference to Shelly Jonker and using the online application tool under the ‘Solliciteren’ button on this page.
For further information on the position please contact Maarten van der Veen at firstname.lastname@example.org
An assessment and reference check are part of the selection procedure.
For more information on the work of NLRC, check www.rodekruis.nl, facebook: Facebook.com/rodekruis or Twitter: Twitter.com/rodekruis
Acquisition for this vacancy will not be appreciated