The Officer for Individual Fundraising is a member of Mama Cash’s Individual Donor Relations team. This Officer is responsible for stewarding and cultivating mid-range donors to increase both the number of donors, the size of gifts and meet income targets.
Officer for Individual Fundraising
Hours per week: 28 hours
Deadline: 31 December 2021
The Officer works with the Senior Officer of Individual Donor Relations to coordinate work within the team and has direct responsibility for a donor portfolio.
The successful candidate will be required to develop strategy, plan activities and tactics, and execute the fundraising plan, success will be measured by increasing the number of donors, increasing the average gift size, and ensuring that KPIs are met.
The Officer for Individual Fundraising will work closely with the Individual Donor Relations team to implement team strategies and ensure alignment with the overall fundraising strategy. The Officer will liaise with colleagues across the organisation to support organisational objectives.
The Officer for Individual Fundraising reports to the Senior Officer for Individual Donor Relations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Grow the core and middle donor base by professionalising (existing) channels for (offline) lead generation, stewardship, and retention.
- Create and implement a donor contact calendar, including face-to-face, digital and print activity.
- Plan and implement donor events to support individual fundraising department goals.
- Monitor and track fundraising progress using the database and other monitoring tools; and use this data to adapt and improve Mama Cash’s fundraising operations and results.
- Contribute to the annual plan and goals of the Individual Donor Relations team.
- Use the moves management system and hold responsibility for specific KPIs within the Individual Donor dashboard.
- Keep up-to-date and follow developments in the fundraising sector and take advantage of opportunities to bring new and innovative ideas to the team.
- Represent Mama Cash at external events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong commitment to women’s, girls’, trans people’s and intersex people’s rights and the vision, mission, and values of Mama Cash.
- Ability to work fluently in English and Dutch.
- Excellent writing, research, and analytical skills.
- Embraces data-driven and donor-centric approaches to work.
- Knowledge of how to work with CRM-systems.
- Enthusiastic about contacting and speaking to donors.
- A strong ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- An ability to take initiative, contribute actively to quick decision making and to organise work efficiently and effectively.
- Results oriented.
- A proactive self-starter with organisational and administrative skills and the ability to coordinate multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to work on a regular basis in our office in Amsterdam.
- HBO+ degree, HEAO or related, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in fundraising and demonstrated success in growing an individual donor portfolio.
- Experience with managing a budget.
What does Mama Cash offer?
We offer an engaging and professional work environment at an international foundation committed to diversity, solidarity, peace and justice. Our office is centrally located in Amsterdam.
The monthly salary for this position depends upon experience and is based on CAO Welzijn, scale 9, 2.884 – 4.252 Euro per month, based on a full-time position (36 hours per week), 8% vacation allowance, and 13th month.
Are you interested in the position?
Please submit your letter of motivation and CV (resume) in English via the “sollicitatie” button on this page.
Deadline for application: 31 December 2021
First round interviews take place on January 6, 2022
Second round interviews take place on January 11, 2022
For questions about this vacancy, please contact Bernice Beenakker, Senior Officer for Individual Donor Relations, via firstname.lastname@example.org, or + 31 (0)20 51 58 736.
Mama Cash aims to be an inclusive organisation where diversity is valued, respected and built upon with a staff body that is comprised of the activists and movements it works with. We particularly welcome applications from people targeted by sexism, racism, homo antagonism, trans antagonism, classism, and disablism.