European Cultural Foundation is looking for a:
Programme Coordinator EU projects
A passionate planner/coordinator/ administrator for European cultural projects co-financed by the EU!
Closing date: 26 January 2022
Contract: 1 year, 80% FTE, with the possibility for extension
Starting date: 1 March 2022
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, which is why people from communities that experience discrimination based on race, ethnicity, (cultural) and educational background, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people are especially encouraged to apply.
About the European Cultural Foundation
Our founders created the European Cultural Foundation (ECF) in 1954 as they envisioned a united Europe where citizens feel proudly European, a place where they can live, express themselves, work and dream freely, in diversity and harmony. Ever since ECF promotes a European sentiment through developing and supporting cultural initiatives that let us share, experience and imagine Europe. We believe our mission is as urgent as it was back then as there are still many challenges that divide Europe, cause polarisation and bring about inequality. Culture has an important role to play here, helping to bridge these gaps, bringing people together, opening new ways, finding and imagining possibilities. We are a committed, ambitious, diverse, open international foundation with a strong network and long-standing reputation in partnership building across Europe.
About the role
ECF is a European foundation in its vision, mission, values and outreach. Our activities are frequently co-financed with EU grants through programmes like Erasmus+, Creative Europe, Horizon. For the coordination of EU-financed ECF projects and assisting the Programmes department with co coordinating, monitoring, financial reporting, administrating but also the further growing of these programmes and projects, we are hiring a Programme Coordinator. You will be part of our Programmes team, work closely with the Programme Managers and report to the Head of Programmes. You will also work with external project partners, ECF’s financial department and with other ECF teams to support our mission and programmatic goals.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a skilled and hands-on colleague with experience in monitoring budgets who will implement our EU-financed projects within the European cultural sector.
In particular, the Programme Coordinator will:
- Ensure projects are implemented according to the planning, outputs and technical requirements described in the applications to EU funding bodies;
- Provide budget monitoring and administration of project expenses in line with EU financial regulation (incl. expenses of partners);
- Coordinate the financial and technical reporting to the donor (EU);
- Ensure all EU regulations for project implementation and reporting are followed;
- Prepare financial project administration for external audits.
Who are you?
You are a passionate planner, implementer and administrator of EU-funded cultural projects who acts as a competent project coordinator within the ECF Programmes team.
In addition, we think it is important that you meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Have proven experience within EU project grants and administration of such funds ;
- Are passionate about international cultural collaboration as framed in diverse EU grants schemes;
- Have intercultural sensitivity and competences for cooperating with different partners in pan European projects;
- Understand the technical and bureaucratic processes and EU granting guidelines that underpin these collaborations;
- Show attention to detail, are accurate with numbers and precise in English language and correspondence;
- Are used to monitoring budgets according to project’s agreed timeline of expenditures (budgets up to 2,Sm euros);
- As part of the Programmes team, are able to co-shape and research additional opportunities for acquiring more EU co-financing for ECF under our programmatic pillars SHARE, IMAGINE
- and EXPERIENCE;
- Are based in, or ready to move to, the Netherlands.
When joining ECF, we ask you to recognise yourself in the following competences relevant for the role:
AWARENESS – You are aware of cultural nuances and sensitive to values of diversity, equality and inclusion. Able to translate these values into daily practice. Recognise the value of difference and are able to support a sense of inclusion and belonging for colleagues and stakeholders across cultures and belief systems.
INTEGRITY – You demonstrate sound moral and ethical principles and aim at doing the right thing. Able to build relationships and trust based on honesty, reliability, accountability, and consistency. You endorse ECF’s Code of Conduct.
FLEXIBILITY – You can adapt to changing circumstances and where necessary adjust approach or behaviour in order to reach the desired goal. Can anticipate change, take the initiative to change and stimulate others to adjust to change.
ANALYTICAL – You understand the essence of complex issues by logical reasoning, investigation of potential causes, separation of key messages from the mass of detail and acknowledgment of their interdependence.
ENTREPRENEURIAL – You are able to identify and initiate new opportunities, bring them to life and dare to take responsible risks. Identify new opportunities for the organisation and undertake action to utilise these chances. Develop new projects and programmes and/or enter into new alliances.
NETWORKING – You know how to build and to maintain relationships in support of the realisation of your personal objectives and those of the organisational entity.
PLANNING AND ORGANISING – You align activities, time and resources effectively to achieve objectives. Able to manage, coordinate and monitor (programme/ communication/ advocacy) activities and liaise with co-workers and partners to achieve mutually agreed tasks.
- An opportunity to create, thrive, develop in an international team;
- The chance to join Europe’s only truly European cultural foundation;
- Being part of an organisation with an impressive legacy but which is not stuck in the past;
- Flexible work arrangements with a combination of working from the office and working remotely;
- Fun and joy which comes from working inside a diverse team on things that matter;
- Salary raging from EUR 2.805 to EUR 4.062 gross per month, on a full-time basis with 13th month, 8% holiday allowance and benefits package;
- A contract for one year, with the possibility for extension and 4 days a week (0.8 FTE).
How to apply:
The closing deadline for applications is 26th of January 2022. Interested candidates should email their CV and motivation letter to Leonie Roeloffzen, HR Advisor, via the ‘Sollicitatie’ button on this page.
Short listed candidates will be contacted during the week of 31January 2022 to schedule interviews to be carried out in the first two weeks of February 2022. The selection process will consist of two interviews (on Zoom or on location). We reserve the right to invite early applicants for interviews before the deadline.