European Cultural Foundation is looking for a:
Fund development coordinator
A passionate campaigner and fundraising professional for culture and democracy in Europe
- Location: Amsterdam
- Closing date: 28 August 2022
- Contract: 1 year, 0,8 – 1 FTE (30 – 37,5 hours/week), with the possibility for extension
- Starting date: 1 October 2022
About the European Cultural Foundation
Our founders created the European Cultural Foundation (ECF) in 1954 as they envisioned a united Europe where citizens feel proudly European, a place where they can live, express themselves, work and dream freely, in diversity and harmony. Ever since ECF promotes a European sentiment through developing and supporting cultural initiatives that let us share, experience and imagine Europe. We believe our mission is as urgent as it was back then as there are still many challenges that divide Europe, cause polarisation and bring about inequality. Culture has an important role to play here, helping to bridge these gaps, bringing people together, opening new ways, finding and imagining possibilities. We are a committed, ambitious, diverse, open international foundation with a strong network and long-standing reputation in partnership building across Europe.
About the role
ECF is a European foundation in its vision, mission, values and outreach. Our activities are financed through income from the lotteries, EU tenders and grants (e.g. EU programmes like Erasmus+, Creative Europe, Horizon Europe), co-funding by and partnerships with other foundations in Europe, contributions by programme partners and funding via private donors, funds and legacies. For the coordination of our fundraising campaigns and activities, including the further growing of these opportunities, and for assistance to our Sustainable Finance Task Force, we are hiring a Fund development coordinator. Due to the campaigning and storytelling element, you will be part of our Communications team. You will work closely with the Sustainable Finance Task Force and other departments and will be jointly supervised by our Head of Communications and Head of Finance.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a skilled and hands-on colleague with experience in fundraising, story-telling, campaigning and networking, who will support ECF in further developing our funding base.
In particular, the Fund development coordinator will:
- Support the organisation in the development and implementation of fundraising and donor campaigns;
- Provide desk-research on funding opportunities and co-develop appropriate fundraising strategies depending on project, funder and sector;
- Develop and maintain relations with existing donors, partners and funding partners;
- Bring knowledge, experience and a network to be able to start a donor campaign;
- Prepare and execute storytelling pitch material, in writing as well as visually;
- Initiate fundraising communication on ECF’s channels such as website, print and digital;
- Write proposals for funding and/ or partnerships;
- Oversee and support application processes (incl. keeping track of deadlines) and ensure timely and proper submissions, including European tenders;
- Act as coordinator and secretariat of our Sustainable Finance Task Force, functioning as back-office and providing general support and liaise between our Finance and Communications departments;
- Help maintain our contact database;
- Monitor the budget for fundraising activities.
Who are you?
You are a passionate and creative campaigner, communicator, networker and fundraising professional who acts as a competent and cross-departmental coordinator of our fundraising activities. You believe in ECF’s mission and vision and are eager to contribute to a just and peaceful Europe through culture.
In addition, we think it is important that you meet the following requirements:
- Be based in the Netherlands, including a valid work permit;
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role;
- Have proven experience with fundraising, in particular with private donors, funds and legacies; preferably at European level;
- Be a proactive doer and confident team-player;
- Show strong verbal and written communication as well as conceptual skills;
- Are a good planner, working in an organised and structured way;
- Are passionate about international cultural collaboration and Europe as a cultural project;
- Are ready to travel and to attend networking events outside of office hours;
- Have intercultural sensitivity and competences for communicating with different partners and entities in the Netherlands and Europe.
When joining ECF, we ask you to recognise yourself in the following competences relevant for the role:
ANALYTICAL – You understand the essence of complex issues by logical reasoning, investigation of potential causes, separation of key messages from the mass of detail and acknowledgment of their interdependence.
AWARENESS – You are aware of cultural nuances and sensitive to values of diversity, equality and inclusion. Able to translate these values into daily practice. Recognise the value of difference and are able to support a sense of inclusion and belonging for colleagues and stakeholders across cultures and belief systems.
CONCEPTUAL THINKING – You have the ability to view the organisation as a whole, understand how the various parts are interdependent, and assess how the organisation relates to its external environment. Being able to identify, conceptualize, and solve intricate problems, to think and work through abstract ideas and come up with responses to complex issues.
ENTREPRENEURIAL – You are able to identify and initiate new opportunities, bring them to life and dare to take responsible risks. Identify new opportunities for the organisation and undertake action to utilise these chances. Develop new projects and programmes and/or enter into new alliances.
FLEXIBILITY – You can adapt to changing circumstances and where necessary adjust approach or behaviour in order to reach the desired goal. Can anticipate change, take the initiative to change and stimulate others to adjust to change.
INTEGRITY – You demonstrate sound moral and ethical principles and aim at doing the right thing. Able to build relationships and trust based on honesty, reliability, accountability, and consistency. You endorse ECF’s Code of Conduct.
NETWORKING – You know how to build and to maintain relationships in support of the realisation of your personal objectives and those of the organisational entity.
PLANNING AND ORGANISING – You align activities, time and resources effectively to achieve objectives. Able to manage, coordinate and monitor (programme/ communication/ advocacy) activities and liaise with co-workers and partners to achieve mutually agreed tasks.
- An opportunity to create, thrive, develop in an international team;
- The chance to join Europe’s only truly European cultural foundation;
- Being part of an organisation with an impressive legacy but which is not stuck in the past;
- Flexible work arrangements with a combination of working from the office and working remotely;
- Fun and joy which comes from working inside a diverse team on things that matter;
- Training and development opportunities for skills and competences relevant for the role;
- Salary raging from EUR 2.805 to EUR 4.062 gross per month, on a full-time basis with 13th month, 8% holiday allowance and benefits package;
- A contract for one year, with the possibility for extension and 4 – 5 days a week (0.8 – 1 FTE).
How to apply:
The closing deadline for applications is 28 August 2022. Interested candidates who are based in the Netherlands should email their CV and motivation letter to Leonie Roeloffzen, HR Advisor, at . We will contact short listed candidates in the week of 29 August 2022 for scheduling interviews in the week after.