MSF intervenes in emergencies and crises, to relieve human suffering from unmet medical needs and to create a space for humanity. MSF works to provoke a social and political response that meets the essential needs, and respects and protects the dignity, of people in danger. MSF strives to innovate and incite change through its medical action, its témoignage and its active reflection on the situation of populations in danger. Respecting its Charter and shared principles, MSF is an independent movement of citizen associations that are integrated and open to their societies. In a spirit of volunteerism, acting in proximity to and in solidarity with assisted peoples, MSFs members adhere to humanitarian principles and respect for medical ethics.
Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland (MSF-Holland) is an Association of (former) field and office employees, with a Board keeping oversight. MSF-Holland has a partnership with MSF offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
The Logistics Department (LogD) supports the overall purpose of MSF, providing logistics and technical support to the OCA field operations. The department is responsible for providing strategic direction, integrated advice and hands on support to logistics and technical issues in the field. The department is made up of the Field Support Unit (FSU) and the Amsterdam Procurement Unit (APU).
With immediate effect our Logistics Department is looking for an:
ASSISTANT OF THE LOGISTICS DEPARTMENT (100%)
– Based in Amsterdam –
The Assistant of the Logistics department reports directly to the Head of the Logistics Department. In this position, you provide administrative and organisational assistance to the Head of the Department, the Coordinators and other employees of the department.
- Supports the Head of Department and Coordinators in the department planning and reporting, including the check of the monthly overview of the departmental budget and preparation of recurring reports (performance, budget & narrative);
- Plans and facilitates meetings for the Logistics leadership team and minute taking thereof;
- Plans and facilitates events such as the LogCo days, including venue research, coordination of all event logistics and providing organisational and administrative support for hosts, speakers and participants;
- Supports in internal communication activities, including editing of the Logistics newsletter, provision of regular updates through Sharepoint and Facebook;
- Provides organisational and administrative support to the Logistics Flying staff
- Maintains the satellite communication equipment database and checks the monthly invoices;
- Keeps an overview of presence of department staff, including registration of holidays, sick leave and field visits;
- Facilitates staff arrival and departures, including briefing on administrative processes and organising events;
- Supports the department in ongoing day-to-day business, such as dealing with correspondence, administrative support, managing phone calls and providing information.
- Willing to be the BHV (Bedrijfshulpverlener) for the department
- Focal point for Facilities and MSF Connected project reconstruction OCA office and move
- Level of study: Bachelor degree level by education or experience.
- Enthusiastic, result-oriented and likes to work in a hectic environment.
- Proven experience in administrative support tasks, including minutes taking in meetings.
- Ability to familiarise quickly with new topics, work independently and a team player.
- Good oral and written communication and organisational skills.
- Comfortable in programmes such as Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Good level of English is a prerequisite and knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
- Affinity with MSFs goals, culture and philosophy.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment.
- A full time appointment (based on a 40-hours work week) for one year with renewal option.
- A gross monthly salary in scale 4 with a current salary range between 2,068 and 2,953 depending on relevant work experience, based on a fulltime appointment.
- Other benefits include 30 holidays per annum (based on a fulltime appointment) and a premium-free pension.
- A challenging position in an ambitious team in an international organization.
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, Klasien Hoeve, Head of the Logistics Department on phone +31 (0)20-52089 73.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via this link.
Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
Deadline for application is 27 September 2018.
*** Acquisitions regarding this position are not appreciated ***